Hartley old gits
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hartley old gits

For Hartley (west green to) old gits to talk about stuff and arange meetups.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

pram race !!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aggie1967

pram race !!! Empty
PostSubject: pram race !!!   pram race !!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 10:31 pm

Do you all remember the pram race held ever boxing day at hwfc.
How many years did it run?
When was the last one what year?
Ive just been voted on the committee at hwfc do you think there is a place for this kind of event should it be revived?
Does anyone no why it ended? At the time I sure was told it was due to health and safety and the chances of litigation.
I know it was great fun with the bonus of half or a spirit in each pub then a long run you felt like a cocktail shaker by the end I am sure the pubs in the line up where

The phoenix
The swan
The lamb
The white lion
The cricketers
The wagon and horses

The guy I partnered spent more time in the pram than pushing there you goes armed forces says it all!!!
pram race !!! Img00110
Back to top Go down
Roland
Admin

pram race !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pram race !!!   pram race !!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2007 11:18 pm

I think we should do a risk assesment on the pram race.
Maybe not because if you did it would never happen again, running with a pram half cut down the A30.
Was there ever a crash?
Jc didnt you do it once and trained for it and really wanted to win but didnt Smile
Back to top Go down
https://hartleyhog.forumotion.com
Jonny

pram race !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pram race !!!   pram race !!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2007 12:51 am

I did the pram race twice.

Once with Dave Ruffle. We nearly won but we took a short cut by mistake and got relegated to second. We would have wone by 5 minutes or more.

Second time was with Martin "Puffer" Christmas. Lazy sod, I pushed him 2/3 of the course.

Never did the "long" course down to the Hartford Bridge. Must have been a nightmare.
Back to top Go down
John B

John B

pram race !!! Empty
PostSubject: Pram race   pram race !!! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2007 4:38 pm

Jon
Do you not remember when we done the pram race in Kaftans, the night after a massive p155 up at Stumpys? You jumped on the pram at the phoenix and bent one of the wheels so we went round singing 3 wheels on my waggon and finished last by 1/2 an hour. When we got back to the football club everyone had gone inside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

pram race !!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pram race !!!   pram race !!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pram race !!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hartley old gits :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: